Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012

In 2012, people say that the world is going to end.
I, for one, don't really buy that.
I have too much knitting and sewing to do an
d show off.

Darn.Knit.Anyway in Stillwater, MN is having another go at 12 sweaters in 12 months. Now, I am not so mental as to think that I can knit all 12 in 12. There is also the fact that i'm not loving some of the choices. So I
have picked out the months that I do like, and I will be doing them in those months along with the other DKAers.

March is True North. A bulky weight, fair isle cardigan made with Cascade Eco Wool. There will be a steek in it. (That's when you cut your yarn)



Then in June we have the White Russian. A DK weight transitional weather sweater.


September is Zephr. A top down contiguous yoke cardigan. I already have this one in my library.



October is Levenwick. Designed by the folks at Brooklyn Tweed. It is an asymmetrical with a funky button band cardigan. Though I'm not sure about the asymmetricalness, what girl doesn't need tons of cardigans.
Then there is this. The Block of the Month work shop from craftsy.
I figure anything that helps me with my sewing skills can only be good and this gives me something else to make with my stash o
f fabric.


I will also be taking a class from the Weaver's Guild this month.
Its the Judith MacKenzie - Luxury Fibers Workshop. I'm hoping that after taking this, i'll feel comfortable using some of that great roving that I got from Shepherds' harvest and spinning Hopper's fur.


Speaking of the critters, here's our holiday card image. I'll keep you all posted on how these projects go.




No comments: