Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Things keep moving on.


Soon the snow will be gone and things will start growing again.
Until that happens I will have to content myself with looking back at images of last years garden.
Above are some of the sun flowers that I actually got to grow.

I have been itching to get to growing and play in the dirt. The snow that is hanging around and being replenished soon is thwarting that desire.

But time will keep marching on and eventually there will be things growing again.



I have been spending a lot of time thinking about options. Not only options for the garden, but for myself. Sitting down at the Coffee Shop Northeast is a pretty good place to think things through. I just get distracted at the house.

You see...
They are closing my store. We were making money and things were going well business wise, but the building is beyond repair. I guess that is what happens when you have a part-owner that doesn't think regular upkeep on the building is a must.
So this closing of my store, the thing I have given most of my time and mind, is making me think about other options for work and life.
Do I want to stay in retail?sales? a creative field?
Do I want to try and strike out on my own and do the things I love?
What is it that I love?
Am I passionate about anything?

These are the questions that are floating around in my head right now.

The only thing I do know is that I have skills that are useful and that I will be able to find something else or stay with the company and see if they re-open somewhere in downtown.

Until things are decided or decided themselves I can keep working on the things I know I can get done.

Things like finally hanging the canvas prints of my 3 favorite photographs in the guest room.



They look pretty good don't you think.

1 comment:

Chris said...

SO ready for spring. When is your store closing?