Friday, April 13, 2012

Yarn Shop Hop Day 1 part 3 (too many images for bloggers liking)


So blogger still doesn't want me to share many more than 4-5 images with you at a time. But hopefully you like some of the ones it will let me share.


On ward and up ward.

Stillwater is a town I like visiting. When it is nice out one can stroll around the town for hours. There are shops and houses too look at. And there is Darn.Knit.Anyway.



They have even provided seating for those who are drug along to yarn shops against their will. I always love visiting with Amy and Carly. And seeing all the sample knits every where in the shop.
They had the stamping/charm/donation/drawing area in the class room with the sale yarn. Sneaky.

They were doing an England and tea for their country. Oh yah, all the stores have countries they are representing here is a Rav thread with the list.

We stopped and had lunch at the Caribbean BBQ place next door. That was not my smartest move. It put me in a bit of a food coma and too a little to long. But it was really tasty.


Next up, 3 Kittens Needle Arts. Bunger thought that would be a good name for a tattoo shop. I can see it. I like the new (to me) location and the lay out. They were all super friendly and insisted that we had some Swedish fish before we left.


Yarn Garage, The Yarnery and Steven Be's were the last 3 we made it to.
I must admit that I was starting to lose my drive about this time. I don't know if it was the food coma, or just a day of driving and trying to fallow directions but I was getting done.

I didn't get anything at the Yarn Garage, though I did look at the specialty Zen that they got in. It was mostly a strong red with lots of sparks.

The Yarnery was pretty busy but they were able to help us out right quick. Though my budget was getting slim at this point and the yarn wasn't calling to me.

Weird I know.

Steven Be's was a bit like a party. Lots of people, friendly chatty worker, and Steven of course. I think he might have gotten the most excited about specialty yarns because he had 3 of them I think.

Sorry there aren't any pictures of this, my battery (on me not the camera) was really running low.




Here is where my card stands. Only 3 stores to hit tomorrow.
Then a post with all the spoils. If I can figure out how to get Blogger to let me post more than 4 images. :)

No comments: