Friday, December 12, 2008

it's 4am...


Do you know where your knitter is at?

Someone must have been worried that I was out and about whooping it up, because we got a phone call at 4am. It woke me up. Made Grimlock leave the bed. And was just annoying.

I laid in bed till about 5:15am trying to get back to sleep. I told my self stories (hey it normally works), I got up and got a glass of water and a tried to bring Grimlock back to bed. There is nothing like a purring kitty to put you to sleep.

But a lass, all that failed. So I headed downstairs to finish up a gift. I started this version of the Everlasting Bag stopper in may. The hemp and the linen kept getting tangled up so I put it down and didn't pick it back up until last night.

You see I don't think i'm going to get the Sis Scarf finished in time for the holiday mailing next Monday. So, the bag, she needed to get finished. Just 20 more rows and a 6 stitch I-cord for a handle and at 6am the bag is finished.

Speaking of the holidays, don't forget to donate to toys for tots and leave a comment in the linked post. I've got some tasty sock yarn and tigers' eye stitch markers for the lucky random winner.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Usually I just lie in bed being really crabby that I'm awake. Your way was much more productive!