Tuesday, October 9, 2007

it's finaly cold :)

And that brings a lot of things to mind.

Thing a) Coffee runs at work
Thing b) must get boiler license for work
Thing c) I hope the pipes don't freeze and flood the store this year.
Thing d) time to knit faster.

But boy am I glad it is finally colder. I just can't take 80 degree weather in Oct. It's just silly. And it's just more proof in my mind of global warming. That said, new job now lets us use less gas from driving around the dang state every day. The Sock is taking shape and is almost finished. This shot was taken at Moxie right before the hair cut. One of the ladies there knits and I know now that it's cold she's picked up the needles again.

Also with Thing A. there is also the coffee swap. The questions were posted so I'll now take a moment to answer.

QUESTIONS
1. Whole bean or ground? I like the whole bean because then I can grind it at my whim.
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully-loaded please.
3. Regular or flavored? I like either. They both tend to be tasty. Though some can be just perfumy and not tasty at all.
4. How do you drink your coffee? Black with raw sugar
5. Favorite coffee ever? Can't really say that I have a favorite. I've been mostly trying all kinds lately. I always go for Fair-Trade over any others though.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? No not fussy, but I do prefer the above mentioned.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Any kind of baked sweet. Lately pumpkin anything. This is one of the things I love about October, pumpkins everywhere
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I'm medium roasts are the most plaitable for my taste buds.
9. Yarn/fiber you love? I have a Lana Grossa fixation. A lot of my yarn is that. I'm a pretty big fan of yarns that have microfibers blended into them too. One yarn I've never tryed is the bamboo or hemp stuff. Though i would like to.
10. Yarn/fiber you hate? Anything scratchy, or ruff. Soft and smooth.
11. What's on your needles? Jaywalkers for the Sis, and Sweater for the HT.
12. Favorite colors? Greens! dark and rich.
13. Allergies? I don't think so... though i do have some pretty lama yarn that after a few hours of working with my hands feel slightly ichy... i hope I'm not allergic to it. I want to make a hat out of it.
14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I'm a bit of a gamer. Love anything Final Fantasy, Link, or Katamari. Love my kitties. Love my photography (and other peoples too ;) ). Don't like people who come into my local camera store to touch/buy on internets. Though with yarn i do think that etsy online shops are just fine because that's like someones little store.

So I think this is quite a long post and I'll be quiet now.

oooo more Dr Who soon :)

No comments: