Friday, March 28, 2008

I can haz ur...

( image of a spindle i super want from Butter Fly Girl Designs on etsy. Check out her stuff.)

....Spins?

So, I think I want to learn how to spin. If I can make it to the 11 Annual Shepherd's Harvest Festival I may just get some roving and tools to go with this line of thought.

Now the big question here is why? Why Ikisti, do you want to add another thing to your plate. Here is another thing that is taking away house $. Here is another thing that is taking up time that you should using to make photographs. Here is another that is taking time away from the kitties.... wait, who wrote that....

Well yes, those are all valid points. But, for a while now I've been craving the feeling of wool sliding between my fingers. Sliding down and spinning around and turning into something I created from start to finish... well almost start to finish.

Now i'm going to try and start small. I have no room for a spinning wheel. Even the little tiny ones that we looked up today. I've done drop spindle spinning before (a long time ago) and I think it will be easy to pick up. Think of all the fabulous felt mouses I can make for the kitties.

Yep, I'm going to give this a try.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I can see the day when I'll be the only non-spinning knitblogger out there. ;)

sophanne said...

oh iki- I know you not well but I must say you are traveling down a slippery slope. the sme slippery slope in which I traveled that now involves a spinning wheel. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and I hope you're a TON better at it than me!

Knittymama said...

Good for you!!! Although I'm wondering how long before you decide to get rid of some piece of furniture so you have a place to put a wheel. I mean really, who needs a sofa? :D